Saturday 25 May 2013

What's on my needles now?

One of the best things about working in a yarn shop (aside from being surrounded by beautiful fibres all day) is finding out what everyone else is knitting, so for a change I thought I'd share with you what I have on the go at the moment.  

Firstly, the Hitchhiker. Hitchhiker is a wonderful pattern by Martina Behm, available to purchase on www.ravelry.com.  It is so named, as when it is complete the scarf/shawlette has 42 teeth and 42 is, of course, the answer to the ultimate question about life, the universe and everything!


I am knitting it in Noro Silk Garden Sock shade 87, which seems to have every colour under the sun in it, from blues and greens to pinks and  yellow - the bonus being it will go with everything! I have completed 16 teeth so far, 26 to go!  It is a brilliant no-concentration-required, take anywhere knit.

And finally, my jelly green jumper.  Here it is:


I have completed the back, front and one sleeve, just the final sleeve to go.  I am hoping to finish by next weekend at the latest.   Knitted in Debbie Bliss Angel, hopefully just 4 balls, it is perfect for this climate, and it matches my Converse too!!



So that is it.  You didn't think I was seriously going  to admit, at this almost mid-year mark, just how many UFO's I have on the go do you???


No comments: